What are the advantages of having a Separation Agreement?
There are a number of advantages to having a Separation Agreement entered into:
- The Agreement can provide in writing that you agree that you don’t have to live together, so your ex-partner (husband, wife or civil partner) can’t allege that you’ve deserted them and vice versa
- The Agreement will show that you both consider the relationship to have ended and the date it ended
- The Agreement is entirely flexible – you can decide what you’d like to include and what not to include
- If you stick to the terms of the Agreement, a Separation Agreement can take the stress, pressure not to mention the heat that arises from any breakdown of the relationship away and means you both know where you stand
- Any Agreement entered into then can provide you with both clarity and certainty
- Whilst not technically legally binding, a Separation Agreement that has been properly and fairly negotiated and entered into will be upheld if challenged.
BOOK A FREE CONSULTATION
COME IN AND TALK TO US, WE CAN HELP